SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2024 9:47 pm  #1

2024/2025 Offseason thread

Congratulations Mariners on another championship. Heartbreaker for the Jays. And the Orioles secure the first overall pick.

As we move onto the offseason, now would be a good time to make any rule change suggestions. I've been thinking about suggesting some adjustments to the playoffs. Maybe starting a week earlier and having the championship be 2 weeks. It would also make a slight change for the first overall pick. I'll go into more detail later.

Also, if you want to make trades, unfortunately if it's like last year, you won't be able to through ESPN until the 2025 update. But if you want to trade, please email the league the trade and post it on the boards and I'll see if I can process it.

10/02/2024 5:01 am  #2

Re: 2024/2025 Offseason thread

Yes Congratulations to the Mariners on another championship. Im sending an email out now regarding payouts, but could Mariners, A's and Blue Jays contact me via email as well regarding the payouts.

todderfield@yahoo.com.

Thank you for another great season.

10/06/2024 1:01 pm  #3

If at all possible, I was going to put forth a scheduling change that would end the season a week earlier. A 23rd regular season matchup doesn't seem all that important versus a final week that is often all about "rest" for MLB teams. So many pitchers either don't get a start in the last week, or the pitches are managed for workload or for playoffs. You have hitters often sitting the final weekend too. Just makes for a tough finals when the very players that got you there are barely contributing to the cause. Ending the second last weekend of September should alleviate that, but of course, I'm uncertain whether it's even doable in ESPN.

10/07/2024 12:46 pm  #4

Bozzy wrote:

If at all possible, I was going to put forth a scheduling change that would end the season a week earlier. A 23rd regular season matchup doesn't seem all that important versus a final week that is often all about "rest" for MLB teams. So many pitchers either don't get a start in the last week, or the pitches are managed for workload or for playoffs. You have hitters often sitting the final weekend too. Just makes for a tough finals when the very players that got you there are barely contributing to the cause. Ending the second last weekend of September should alleviate that, but of course, I'm uncertain whether it's even doable in ESPN.

I believe it is.

Along with moving the playoff up a week, my idea for the consolation rounds is this...

Round 1
9 vs 18
10 vs 17
11 vs 16
12 vs 15
13 vs 14

The team with the highest point total gets a second round bye.

Round 2
R1 W(2) vs R1 W(5)
R1 W(3) vs R1 W(4)

The team with highest point total (maybe for both rounds combined?) gets a third round bye.

Round 3
R1 W(1) vs R2 W(2)

Round 4
R2 W(1) vs R3 W(1)

Thoughts?

10/07/2024 12:51 pm  #5

Oh wow, going through the settings, they have available bonus wins and losses. If for the week you're in the upper half of points scored you get an additional W and if you're in the bottom half you get an additional L. That's interesting but I don't see us using it. Although, we do basically use the same system for our pitchers with W, L and QS.

And yes, I can set up the playoff weeks different ways.

Last edited by Athletics (10/07/2024 12:53 pm)

Board footera