SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2023 8:56 pm  #11

Re: Expos and Nats trade

I get where you guys are coming from and I 100% feel like I’m getting the better part of the deal right now. I don’t think anyone’s questioning that. Expos is trying to do what I basically did but it’s taken me 3 years to be competitive. Acuna, Jrod, wander, Yordan, Manoah,  Devers and others were all my own pick ups. He’s trying to speed that process up and I don’t think he should be punished for that. And I’m not talking about just my trade with him. I mean his futures deals as well. If you’re going to accept his earlier trade, this trade should be accepted as well.

Also, we all know neither of these guys are going to perform the same as last year. Those are legit career years for 99.99% of all baseball players.

You guys are diminishing the value of top prospects when we should be trying to up their value. Not decline it.

Just my 2 cents.

Nationals 

5/09/2023 9:14 pm  #12

Seahawks425 wrote:

I get where you guys are coming from and I 100% feel like I’m getting the better part of the deal right now. I don’t think anyone’s questioning that. Expos is trying to do what I basically did but it’s taken me 3 years to be competitive. Acuna, Jrod, wander, Yordan, Manoah,  Devers and others were all my own pick ups. He’s trying to speed that process up and I don’t think he should be punished for that. And I’m not talking about just my trade with him. I mean his futures deals as well. If you’re going to accept his earlier trade, this trade should be accepted as well.

Also, we all know neither of these guys are going to perform the same as last year. Those are legit career years for 99.99% of all baseball players.

You guys are diminishing the value of top prospects when we should be trying to up their value. Not decline it.

Just my 2 cents.

I think how you built was a cleaner way since you used your own draft picks or adds to grab your whole roster. Large trades that, at least for the moment, rob one team of their biggest talents, are always hard to consummate fairly, and even harder in a league this big. I think that's part of the reason the Expos first trade from the weekend was vetoed.

Also, I think to some extent it would be nice if prospects were more valued, and I believe that was part of the reason we were trying to implement that prospect draft before the season that didn't get enough votes...

Because I respectfully disagree that we should be increasing the value of a top prospect versus an established 27-year-old player that has multiple years of quality ball ahead of them. How many times do we see a the top draft pick, or even many in the top-5 just never make it as an all-star caliber player? It's a lot more common than we'd like I think. Even if Alcantara never repeats last season, he could easily be a top-10ish option for another few seasons, and maybe even win another Cy Young. Will Perez ever be better than him? I think that's the tough part.

It's definitely a fine line valuing prospects versus established stars, and perhaps in this particular trade's case, there's some recency bias, but it just seems there is not enough value going back for BOTH Judge and Sandy. Perhaps I'm wrong and both prospects become legit superstars, or perhaps they are another Nate Pearson and Yoan Moncada, and should it cost Alcantara to find out? I'm not sure 🤷‍♂️

Just my opinion though, I'm sure there's some differing opinion.

5/09/2023 9:26 pm  #13

I totally get that man and you deserve a much more thoughtful and longer reply but I’m short on time.

I was given that time as I was new with everyone else in this league. Expos is taking over a team that he didn’t draft. As I said before, I think vetoing this and his future deals is hindering his ability to fast track the team he wants.

I think if he was making the same deal with the Dodgers or Marlins this wouldn’t be as big of a deal but that’s not right either. You guys are more or less treating this deal as a redraft league with all your points of emphasis. This is about as close to a dynasty league as it gets. 10000% prospects should and need to be valued higher. It shouldn’t take someone 3-4 years to accomplish what I had to do. And I honestly think I was very blessed with my pick ups. I could easily still be a team that is trash.

Also, as expos said earlier, the draft picks are being treated as after thoughts. Teams with 10+ legit keepers will want to trade picks for players. That’s how our league has ran from the beginning.

Nationals 

5/09/2023 9:37 pm  #14

Takin shots at me?
Whats that supposed to mean if trade was  made with me.

Seahawks425 wrote:

I totally get that man and you deserve a much more thoughtful and longer reply but I’m short on time.

I was given that time as I was new with everyone else in this league. Expos is taking over a team that he didn’t draft. As I said before, I think vetoing this and his future deals is hindering his ability to fast track the team he wants.

I think if he was making the same deal with the Dodgers or Marlins this wouldn’t be as big of a deal but that’s not right either. You guys are more or less treating this deal as a redraft league with all your points of emphasis. This is about as close to a dynasty league as it gets. 10000% prospects should and need to be valued higher. It shouldn’t take someone 3-4 years to accomplish what I had to do. And I honestly think I was very blessed with my pick ups. I could easily still be a team that is trash.

Also, as expos said earlier, the draft picks are being treated as after thoughts. Teams with 10+ legit keepers will want to trade picks for players. That’s how our league has ran from the beginning.

5/09/2023 9:46 pm  #15

To be honest man I don’t even know what team you are but I’m not taking shots at anyone. If you did a deal with expos I’m actually doing the exact opposite

DarrenW84 wrote:

Takin shots at me?

Seahawks425 wrote:

Nationals 

5/09/2023 9:59 pm  #16

Im the Dodgers

Seahawks425 wrote:

To be honest man I don’t even know what team you are but I’m not taking shots at anyone. If you did a deal with expos I’m actually doing the exact opposite

DarrenW84 wrote:

Takin shots at me?

Seahawks425 wrote:

5/09/2023 10:16 pm  #17

I appreciate the thoughts and kind words also fellas. We are going to explore re-working the deal some. Stay tuned for that!

5/09/2023 10:21 pm  #18

You’re 1-4. I’m not taking shots, I’m speaking facts. Had nothing to do with you or your team. Just context for making my point.

DarrenW84 wrote:

Im the Dodgers

Seahawks425 wrote:

DarrenW84 wrote:

Takin shots at me?

Nationals 

5/11/2023 7:55 pm  #19

I agree with a lot of Dans (Bozzy) points. My opinion on this trade is not as bad as the trade with Todd. I guess cause Sandy hasn’t looked very Cy Youngish this season and Judge was injured for a bit! Each manager may have his own way of trying to build a winner but, I feel your ways are kinda drastic  as you have a few quality guys to build around. As to the Nats remarks about it being certain teams we choose to veto that’s not true. It doesn’t matter if it looks like a bogus trade then I state my opinion. I didn’t really think the others would feel the same that’s why I say in my opinion!

5/11/2023 11:00 pm  #20

Hah I never meant specific teams. I was just referring to teams that were at the bottom of their divisions. Teams with currently bad records.

Atlanta Braves wrote:

I agree with a lot of Dans (Bozzy) points. My opinion on this trade is not as bad as the trade with Todd. I guess cause Sandy hasn’t looked very Cy Youngish this season and Judge was injured for a bit! Each manager may have his own way of trying to build a winner but, I feel your ways are kinda drastic  as you have a few quality guys to build around. As to the Nats remarks about it being certain teams we choose to veto that’s not true. It doesn’t matter if it looks like a bogus trade then I state my opinion. I didn’t really think the others would feel the same that’s why I say in my opinion!

Nationals 

Board footera