SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2021 6:14 pm  #1

A's/Astros

Athletics receive Jameson Taillon, Ryan McMahon and a 12th round pick

Astros receive Spencer Howard and a 6th round pick

7/20/2021 7:23 pm  #2

Re: A's/Astros

This trade seems crazy to me !

7/20/2021 10:10 pm  #3

How so?

7/21/2021 10:16 am  #4

Yes on trade

7/21/2021 12:46 pm  #5

Athletics wrote:

How so?

No big names here but, Taillon, McMahon for a 6th rounder you might as well say. Robbery to me!

7/21/2021 12:57 pm  #6

Atlanta Braves wrote:

Athletics wrote:

How so?

No big names here but, Taillon, McMahon for a 6th rounder you might as well say. Robbery to me!

I mean i got a 6th for two players i wouldn't be keeping, on a shit team lol.

Better than a 13th for McMahon

7/21/2021 3:07 pm  #7

Atlanta Braves wrote:

Athletics wrote:

How so?

Well, it’s Taillon, McMahon and a 12th for Howard and a 6th.

I wanted pitching depth and a multi position back-up. I’ve moved most of my mid round picks so I was limited as to what I could offer. Taillon, per game, becomes my lowest ranked pitcher although he’s been very good lately. He is coming off TJ though. McMahon really only hits well in Colorado and actually hasn’t put up good numbers in the last month and half but I’m trusting the track record. So, if I have someone go down, I have a half decent replacement.  Astros are getting my 6th and a top ten pitching prospect while he kicked me back a 12th due to the higher pick.

It’s odd to me how out of all the deals, you question this one.

7/23/2021 8:52 am  #8

Athletics wrote:

Atlanta Braves wrote:

Athletics wrote:

How so?

Well, it’s Taillon, McMahon and a 12th for Howard and a 6th.

I wanted pitching depth and a multi position back-up. I’ve moved most of my mid round picks so I was limited as to what I could offer. Taillon, per game, becomes my lowest ranked pitcher although he’s been very good lately. He is coming off TJ though. McMahon really only hits well in Colorado and actually hasn’t put up good numbers in the last month and half but I’m trusting the track record. So, if I have someone go down, I have a half decent replacement. Astros are getting my 6th and a top ten pitching prospect while he kicked me back a 12th due to the higher pick.

It’s odd to me how out of all the deals, you question this one.

To me its robbery with some of the trades Ive already seen! Cueto for a 5th by himself! Maybe if Howard pans out but, i don't think it will happen. To each his own !

7/23/2021 11:17 am  #9

Man, already writing a pitcher off who only has 49 MLB innings.  His minor league stats are outstanding.  Scott, is it because he's a Phillie?

7/23/2021 4:47 pm  #10

Cueto for a 5th does me absolutely no good when I get **0** offers for Taillon and a 13th for McMahon. It does take two parties to dance. Cant make someone give me something they don't want to give up.

You take what you can get, especially if you're not keeping the player.

I couldn't give a damn less About Spencer if I'm being honest. I wanted the spot for Cabrera. So it becomes,

Meh hitter who had 3 great games that significantly boosted his HR total
Taillon

For
6th
Edward Cabrera
Probably not keeping Spencer Howard

Meanwhile.....well that'll come I guess

Last edited by Deuce5 (7/23/2021 4:53 pm)

Board footera