SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2019 3:19 pm  #1

2019 DRAFT DISCUSSION

Please keep discussion here, and use the draft thread only for picks. Thank You.

3/17/2019 5:17 pm  #2

Re: 2019 DRAFT DISCUSSION

do you think it is a good idea to start the draft on a Monday during work times? could we think about maybe not have timed picks during working hours, at least at first, so new owners can get used to this and give us a chance to figure out ways of teams getting their picks in when they can not get to a computer? could we perhaps have time slots during the evenings and then no time slots the rest of the time but teams could still make their picks and see how that goes? not trying to be difficult, just worried a lot of managers may not be able to easily make time slots during work hours

3/17/2019 6:53 pm  #3

I’d like it to be that way, but we are cutting it way close to the start of the season. We are done missing the Oakland/Seattle games. We have 11 days to get through 25 rounds.

I’m going to have to pm someone for my first pick because I myself will be busy at work. It’s an inconvenience but I want to get this done as soon as possible.

3/17/2019 8:14 pm  #4

I will try but I probably won't be able to make the first two picks. Could someone shoot me a PM who can help, thanks.
​1.11   YANKEES   2:45
2.8   YANKEES   6:30

3/17/2019 8:20 pm  #5

Pm me a list for each round, and we will get it taken care of.

3/17/2019 8:49 pm  #6

can the team that picks first draft now? might help if a couple picks could get in tonight or tomorrow morning if it is easier for those that pick early to draft before work

3/17/2019 9:02 pm  #7

Someone can PM me picks if need be I'll be checking in and out.

3/17/2019 9:40 pm  #8

buddahmunc wrote:

do you think it is a good idea to start the draft on a Monday during work times? could we think about maybe not have timed picks during working hours, at least at first, so new owners can get used to this and give us a chance to figure out ways of teams getting their picks in when they can not get to a computer? could we perhaps have time slots during the evenings and then no time slots the rest of the time but teams could still make their picks and see how that goes? not trying to be difficult, just worried a lot of managers may not be able to easily make time slots during work hours

I agree with this. I am a college student, and some of my classes permit all forms of electronics during class. I am fine with drafting during work hours, as long as there is somewhat of a longer time frame. For me, weekends and week nights would be easiest to pick through, if we could somehow adjust the format we currently have in place. I understand though if it's too late for us to adjust this.

Last edited by spk0027 (3/17/2019 9:41 pm)

Mets

3/18/2019 2:18 am  #9

Just a head’s up, in Todd’s email, he said you can PM picks to me. I’m pretty busy during the day so it’ll be tough for me to make your picks but I’m on the west coast so I can make the late night picks for you. Just give me plenty of notice.

And for the new guys, it’s best to put your team name and the pick number in the title of the PM. That way we don’t have to open and read it until it’s your turn to pick.

3/18/2019 3:08 am  #10

Ok guys, I’m getting some feedback, that these current times are not convenient. Ok fixed the times, new draft times in thread, sent out an email.

Between 9 eastern and 6 eastern- 1 hour
Between 6pm est to 12 pm est 15 mins
This weekend 5 min pick intervals

Is this better?

Last edited by todderfield (3/18/2019 4:04 am)

Board footera