SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2023 8:42 am  #51

Re: 2023 Season Thread

The Rays have changed their name to the New York Yankees

5/14/2023 5:45 pm  #52

Another sub 30pt loss. Guess I have pitching available

5/23/2023 3:35 pm  #53

Hello league members, 

Obviously some members don't like the way I have been managing my team by picking up new relievers after they have pitched the day previous. I personally feel that the league has enough penalties such as BS/loses to prevent people from wanting to take the risk that I do. I understand that the league has a MAX moves rule in place but the fact that it hasn't been enforced the last few years make me wonder why it is even there? I strongly feel to change a rule in the middle of a season is wrong!

BK

5/23/2023 9:42 pm  #54

I’m all for you using this strategy. There needs to be some sort of competitive edge for someone willing fo do this. I’m in agreement with you.

theBK wrote:

Hello league members, 

Obviously some members don't like the way I have been managing my team by picking up new relievers after they have pitched the day previous. I personally feel that the league has enough penalties such as BS/loses to prevent people from wanting to take the risk that I do. I understand that the league has a MAX moves rule in place but the fact that it hasn't been enforced the last few years make me wonder why it is even there? I strongly feel to change a rule in the middle of a season is wrong!

BK

Nationals 

5/23/2023 10:05 pm  #55

theBK wrote:

Hello league members, 

BK

It’s not changing the rules midseason, it’s enforcing the rule. Unfortunately at some point it wasn’t set-up in the league settings and wasn’t caught the last couple of years. So, for this season, we changed it to 200 moves which still gave you (at the time) 110 moves to make for the season which is suppose to be the limit. It was in place so many years ago to prevent streaming pitchers, granted mostly for starting pitchers, not relief pitchers. Let me discuss it with Todd.

5/24/2023 1:01 am  #56

I've been operating under the 110 rule. Not doing that specifically because we have the rule. Usually it doesn't matter at the end of the year anyway. But if everyone else is operating under the same rule, and I've posted the numbers, and it looks like generally everyone else is. There are three Major outliers, and two are one person.

5/24/2023 1:04 am  #57

2021:
0-89: 13
90-109: 0
110-200: 3
200+: 2

0-89: 9
90-109: 7
110-200: 1
200+: 1

2020 is the weird year

2019 has all 18 teams under 110

Generally everyone is well within the current rules. There are 4 major outliers low and high, being under 20 or 300+.

That's almost 80% of the league within the rules. If you extend it to 130, that's closer to 90-95% of the league. One team blowing through 300+ is obviously a completive advantage.

I'm assuming most people use the app, where you can't see transaction total. Hell, only reason I saw the original was because I was on the league site clicking though stats.

I mean even in our first matchup you won by 30 because you cycled and I was playing through the rules. And before you say, oh that's why you're mad... no i brought it up before then. Proof is below on the site, as I was looking for clarification.

Last edited by Deuce5 (5/24/2023 1:20 am)

5/24/2023 9:43 am  #58

I kind of see both sides of the issue: on one hand, it's in the rules so it probably should been enforced throughout. But, changing (or now enforcing rules) mid-season is also a kick to those who didn't prepare for it (perhaps teams invest higher draft picks in RP knowing they wouldn't be able to cycle as much).

I thought capping at 200 moves was a polite compromise considering there was still 110 moves (the usual limit) to use for May to September (instead of even March to September).

I think one thing's for certain, it's likely this rule will be enforced going into next season (unless it's put to league vote prior to next season --- along with my "injured keepers before draft" rule proposal), but it's what to do to finish out this season? 

5/24/2023 3:24 pm  #59

I would like to thank everyone who has added their input to this situation that has occurred. Richard/Todd have you thought about what is going to be the final outcome on this particular issue for this season? I would like to see no cap on moves this current season and then I love the idea of voting on the issue for next season.

5/26/2023 7:32 pm  #60

Of course I’m not even sure how many I have to be saying this but, I believe there needs to be a cap. I can see wanting that competitive edge cycling RP if you don’t have a solid closer but, I look at the points I’m gonna get from them to be minimal anyways. I have one good closer and the other 2 are just getting me by. Maybe it works for you though!

Board footera