SBFL REDUX

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2023 12:04 pm  #41

Re: 2023 Season Thread

That's crazy.

3/16/2023 1:43 pm  #42

Perhaps we can discuss and vote on a new rule (not expecting to change anything immediately, but perhaps going forward) regarding injured keeper selections:

Should one of the Keeper selections suffer a catastrophic injury between the time keepers are locked in and the draft begins, you can exchange that player for a different player that was on your roster when keepers were due.

I don't anticipate there being many that fall under this occurrence with only generally a week-ish of time between the keeper deadline and the the draft beginning, but sometimes these injuries could be extremely disadvantaging and really just based on "timing". If this were to have happened earlier (e.g. Lux) obviously Diaz is not being kept. Once the draft begins, you start to see the roster turnover, so at that point players would be locked and you would deal with existing injuries/drafted injuries.

Last edited by Bozzy (3/16/2023 1:44 pm)

3/16/2023 3:01 pm  #43

I had a feeling that was coming LOL. I think it’s a great idea. Because I know it’s happened in the past…Wainwright I believe? When he needed Tommy John. I’ll get a vote together after the draft. Could get a little tricky as we’ll need to figure what kind of time missed is acceptable. Do we just do season ending, or like a minimum 2 months or something?

3/16/2023 4:48 pm  #44

not sure how I feel about that. what if you draft someone and they get injured the next day? personally think it falls under risk. of course it would hurt the teams chances but injuries happen and are part of the game. if there is a deadline for keepers, to me, it makes sense that changes should not be made after that deadline

3/16/2023 4:52 pm  #45

Another way to do it is set keepers a day or two before the draft. But I like to have that week of prep.

3/17/2023 11:55 am  #46

Athletics wrote:

Another way to do it is set keepers a day or two before the draft.

personally would prefer this rather than changing keepers once set

3/17/2023 6:09 pm  #47

I do this in my hockey pool if a guy is typically injured long term before draft i give the guys an option to switch out there guy as long as he was on your team. Shit happens with injuries.  good luck ppl looking forward to my 2nd season in here.

3/18/2023 11:52 am  #48

I'll be here Today. Flight got changed to the night

3/23/2023 10:41 pm  #49

Free agency opens up on Sunday at 8:00 PM EST

3/26/2023 6:45 pm  #50

Schedule is set. Should be...

Weeks 1-5 - Division Games
Weeks 6-17 - Interdivision Games, one game vs every team
Weeks 18-22 - Division Games

Take a look and make sure it looks good.

Board footera